Saturday, July 9th, 2011 at 2:02 pm
From Faith to Faith
By Bishop Keith Butler
This week’s topic: Faith In God
One way to grow in your walk with God is to never allow the things you’ve learned in the Word of God to get away from you. When you are introduced to more truth from the Bible, take it and add it to what you’re now walking in. What you already know is a foundation on which to build. Therefore, don’t throw away or forget the old. New truth does not negate the old. It is but another brick to add to the strong foundation of your spiritual house.
To walk in the blessings of God you must have faith. Therefore, it is important that we hold on to our faith and not let it slip away from us. Let’s read the text from the Amplified Bible: “Since all this is true, we ought to pay much closer attention than ever to the truths t hat we have heard, lest in any way we drift past [them] and slip away.”
“Therefore we ought to give the more earnest heed to the things which we have heard, lest at any time we should let them slip.” – Hebrews 2:1(KJV)
Now notice what Paul says here (I believe that Paul is the writer of Hebrews). He says we ought to give more earnest heed to the truths we have already heard. He said we ought to pay more attention to what we already know.
In other words, what we know, we don’t throw away. We don’t have to get a new revelation. I’ve heard people say, “I don’t need all that faith stuff anymore. I don’t need all that confession stuff anymore. I’m past that; I’m into a deeper revelation.”
But you’re always going to need faith. And you’re always going to have to deal with the ramifications of the words of your mouth whether you know it or not. And let me tell you, when you let these things slip away – when you let them get away from you – you pay the price.
In fact, Paul said in our text that we ought to pay even more attention to these things.
So often people learn something, they move on to somet hing else and forget about what they’ve already learned. You should always be adding to the house, so to speak. This way, when the trials of life come they won’t even be able to shake you. You’ll stand strong in the Word of God.
Scripture Of The Day: “Therefore we ought to give the more earnest heed to the things which we have heard, lest at any time we should let them slip.” – Hebrews 2:1(KJV)
- Is the Bible the Word of God? Is The Bible The Word Of God: A best seller for 500 years with copies available in over 400 languages, the Bible is certainly the most preeminent book in world history. If reliance is any measure of reliability, then inarguably the Bible is the most reliable book ever written. However,......
- Are the Jewish people still the Chosen People? Are the Jewish people still the Chosen People? Today, the Christian community is divided between the issue of whether or not the Jewish people are still the “chosen people of God” (identified in scripture as “Israel”). While this issue may appear to be a minor issue (at least from a......
- Litany For The Souls In Purgatory (Full Version) Lord, have mercy on us. Christ, have mercy on us. Lord, have mercy on us. Christ, hear us. Christ, graciously hear us. God the Father of Heaven, Have mercy on the souls of the faithful departed. God the Son, Redeemer of the world, Have mercy on the souls of the......
- All About Emergency Funds The news is full of heartbreaking stories about people losing their homes, going bankrupt and facing financial ruin. If you don’t want to be among them, it is time to take a hard look at some steps that you can take to insure yourself against financial ruin. One of the......
- Litany For The Faithfully Departed Lord, have mercy on us, Christ, have mercy on us. Lord, have mercy on us. Christ hear us, Christ, graciously hear us. God the Father of Heaven, Have mercy on the souls of the faithful departed. God the Son, Redeemer of the world, Have mercy on the souls of the......